Who we Are
Our Mission Statement
To fulfill Jesus’ command to love God and to “love your neighbor as yourself” by giving of our time, talents, and resources to address the spiritual, physical, medical, and educational needs of impoverished children and families in Nicaragua.
OUR CORE VALUES
- The NRN community will deliberately and intentionally be primarily a spiritually based community serving the kingdom of God through faith in Jesus as Lord. NRN will seek to walk alongside, be aligned with, and integrated into local churches in Nicaragua (as described by the meaning of Koinonia) since the local church is the entity that Jesus authorized to carry out His kingdom. All ministries and programs will have a direct connection to the local churches through which NRN is aligned.
- The ministries and programs in Nicaragua will be led by leaders from Nicaragua; NRN will walk alongside local churches, pastors, and leaders supporting them in their visions. The US side of the NRN community will not have the ultimate responsibility for ministries in Nicaragua.
- NRN will seek to be relationship based in all the ministries we serve.
- NRN will be community based through the churches we serve, locating ministries and programs in church communities we serve, providing ministry directly through the local church whenever possible.
- NRN’s mission is to provide resources that address the needs of those who are impoverished.